The clinical nurse will be responsible for holistic patient care including triaging, administering drugs and ensuring the patients are comfortable at all times. As such, will be responsible for psychosocial, developmental, cultural, and spiritual needs of the individual.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Holistic care of patients, which encompasses the psychosocial, developmental, cultural, and spiritual needs of the individual.
- Administering the appropriate drugs to the patients
- Assessing patient signs and identifying potential problems in order to make the appropriate recommendations and undertake the correct actions in consultation with the doctors.
- Provide excellent customer service, ensuring meals are provided on time, cleanliness and all clinical support
- Promoting patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patients and family to understand the condition, medications, and self-care skills
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
- Maintaining continuity of care among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions and continuing needs of the patients.
- Maintaining nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies
- Assisting doctors during surgery, providing pre- and post-operation care
- Triaging and preparing patients for examinations
- Any other duty a may be requested.
The applicant must have the following:
- A minimum of a Diploma in nursing from a recognized institution
- Be registered with the nursing council of Kenya
- Minimum of three years working experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Excellent team player
- Excellent customer service skills
- Be flexible with excellent interpersonal skills
Candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their application, CV, and other relevant documents to the Manager Operations, BSR Hospital, P.O Box 2488-00202 Nairobi or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Application via email is preferred.